Officers of the Board
Mr. Angelo Garcia, President
Founder/Head of School
Segue Institute for Learning
Dr. Robert Pilkington, Vice-President
Village Green Virtual Charter School
Ms. Sarah Friedman, Secretary
The Learning Community Charter School
Mr. Joshua Laplante, Treasurer
Head of School
The Greene School
The Rhode Island League of Charter Schools is proud to introduce Keith Oliveira as the Executive Director. A dedicated advocate of urban public education and an outspoken champion of educational opportunities for urban students throughout Rhode Island, Keith stepped into this role in June 2017.
Leadership experience Keith brings with him to the League includes:
- Serving as the President of the Providence School Board (2011-2016), the state’s largest school district with more than 24,000 students and 3,400 employees.
- Co-founding the R.I. Nurses Institute Middle College Charter High School, and serving as the school’s Chief Operating Officer (2011-2017).
- Serving as a public official at the R.I. Department of Education (1999-2011), including Special Assistant and Policy Advisor, coordinator of the charter public schools program, Legislative Liaison to the R.I. General Assembly, and as the state-appointed monitor of Hope High School during its intervention under former Education Commissioner Peter McWalters.
- Co-founding the Metropolitan Regional Career & Technical Center (The Met School) (1995), and serving as Chairman of its Board of Trustees.
- Serving on the Executive Committee of the Council for Great City Schools (2012-2016), a national urban education policy and advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.
- Serving as an Executive Committee member of the R.I. League of Charter Schools and as a trustee of the Segue Institute for Learning.
Keith is an alumnus of the University of Rhode Island with a degree in Urban Public Policy.